8.27.2011

49

Yep - that is correct...I turned the big 4 - 9 recently. It is shocking to me...when did I get old? I am having a bit of a difficult time with it...I always do. The 9's freak me out. I do well on the 0's but the nine...the last...the closing...the finalnility of it all...and yes...FINALNILITY...is a word...makes me a little crazy. (Or crazier than usual!) So, I started making a list. A list of things that I currently CAN do that a year ago I couldn't.








So here you have it - my CAN DO list!








1. I can go down the slide with my grandchildren.








2. I can ride a bike.








3. I can buy clothes in a store - not just online.







4. I can find clothes that fit and have a little bit of style to them.







5. I can sit in a booth at a restaurant.







6. I can fit into a chair.







7. I can sit without checking the weight limits on camping chairs.







8. I can wear my school shirt.







9. I can buy that said school shirt and have to try on a few to find the correct size - not just hope the largest one will someday fit.







10. I can ride in other peoples' cars without worrying if the seat belt will fit.







11. I can wear that sit belt...while breathing AND moving.







12. I can sit in the back seat.







13. I can use ANY restroom without fear of not fitting.







14. I can go to a movie and sit comfortably.







15. I can walk a few miles and not fear death!







16. I can ride the bus to field trips and share the seat with someone.







17. I can walk around my classroom and not feel claustrophobic.







18. I can sleep lying down...flat on my back if I want.







19. I can go days...weeks...and sometimes months without taking pain pills.







20. I can cross my legs.







21. I can reach over and pick up things off the floor.







22. I can stand up on a chair and put things into a cupboard on a high shelf.







23. I can also retrieve those high shelf things.







24. I can touch my toes again!







25. I can sit on the floor.







26. I can get up again...without assistance!







27. I can see my collar bones...I love that!







28. I can go through turnstiles.







29. I can tie my shoes.







30. I can find shoes because I don't have to have EEEE width.







31. I can actually wear regular width shoes...some at least.







32. I can buy tie shoes not Velcro!







33. I can sit at picnic tables - even in the middle.







34. I can climb on a step stool.







35. I can climb a latter.







36. I can sit at the Capitol Theater and other places I have recently been too.












37. I can run...albeit for a short distance.







38. I can let people pass me when leaving a venue...but I stand just to be nice.







39. I can pack up my own classroom - without the help of the other teachers.















40. I can put up bulletin boards...because I can stand on a chair.







41.I can hang artwork from the ceiling.







42. I can climb stairs without having to stop to catch my breath.







43. I can continue on after I climb the stairs and not catch stop to catch my breath.







44. I can go down stairs without hanging onto the railing to keep my balance.















45. I can give a presentation in front of a crowded room and not think people are just looking at me and not listening.







46. I can weed my garden.







47. I can mow the lawn.







48. I can live life to its fullest.







49. And finally...I can do this...












make wonderful memories with my family!


2 comments:

  1. You are awesome, Kim! Those are 49 great rewards for all of your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Especially #49...my favorite!!! Happy 49th Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete